Saturday, August 9, 2008

First Love

Here's another song through which God has been ministering to me. Especially the part where it says God is able to heal if you listen. And He'll show you His will if you listen. But you gotta be still and just listen. God spoke to me a couple weekends ago when I was sabbathing (taking a day to rest and spend with God) about how I am still in a season of healing.

Part of me is frustrated because I can't function in the ways I'd like. He showed me how with the back pains I've been having that part of healing is not being able to function in ways I typically can. It's the same for the emotional healing I'm going through. I feel like God has been reassuring me in this season. Part of me also has wondered if there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I felt like God was saying "yes" there is. I had my first session with my counselor yesterday. It went better than I expected. I definitely felt God's presence and I almost cried 3-4 times. But I feel like He is beckoning me to "come back to [my] first love" and He can heal me if I just be still and listen. I get so busy, I forget to stop and listen. God ministers to me through music a lot! I'm realizing that due to me being introverted I have to take introverted time. My boss at work has inspired me in this and how important it is.

No comments: