Saturday, August 9, 2008

Going into Law

My co-worker put in her 2 weeks recently and explained she's joining LAPD, you know, to become a cop. This led to a discussion about how I've always wanted to wear a cop uniform for one day. I've thought about law enforcement, but a few things draw me away from it. It's either boring or intense. But I still wanted to know about the process of joining LAPD. Then two people told me they could see me being a cop, including my boss. And I told my boss how a lot of the action movies I own happen to be movies involving guns (The GodFather, Donnie Brasco, Mission Impossible, Mercury Rising, The Goodfellas). For some reason I'm really attracted to these types of movies.

This made me think about how God has kind of been brewing law in me. My neighbor that just moved was going to the academy to become a cop. He was interested in working with gangs. This super intrigued me and led to a series of questions. This brewing started at Urbana when a lady spoke on the International Justice Mission (IJM). So I discussed with my boss how maybe joining the FBI or IJM would be a better fit for me. Hmmm, I don't know, just something I've noticed has come up a lot. I guess only time will tell.

Also thrown into the mix is how I've wanted to get my Master's in Social Work. I was discussing this with my co-worker who has his MSW. He seems to think I would be good at it due to the job I have now. It'll be interesting to see how all the pieces come together in the end. As of right now, I really don't know what the future holds, I just have some inklings!

No comments: