Monday, August 3, 2009

Back Pain saga continued

This is just a continuation of a prior post. I'm keeping track of how ridiculous it has been to take care of my back. So where I left off in the prior post (Healthcare...frustrating) was I was waiting to hear back about my chest x-ray in order to get the MRI. Well, about a week passed and I called the people about three times. One time the doctors was doing an operation and hadn't got around to evaluating my x-ray. The next time the doctor had to make a request to get the actual x-ray and not just a written explanation. The next time, a couple days later, still waiting on the doctor.

Then I went to Mexico for 6 weeks. It was amazing to get healthcare there. I paid 20 bucks, waited 30 minutes, got my x-ray and walked away with it in my hands (I wanted to see if my spine is okay). That was so much easier.

So I came back home to America and called the MRI place. They said they had left a message. I never got it. She said she needed to know how old I was when I had heart surgery, what kind of metal was it and what was the name of the operation. I had already told them the name of the operation about 5 times. I even researched it and sent it to them on e-mail. She claims she never got it. So now, again, I'm waiting... I can't help but say our healthcare system sucks!

No comments: