Monday, August 3, 2009

When do I get off?

Each time I've gone out of country to large cities and have experienced the public transportation there, I have to remember how to know when to get off the bus, jeepney, or micro. It is actually a bit of a challenge to find a unique landmark that let's you know this is your stop. The first time, I picked a big yellow bank because I thought it was rare. Then I saw many big, yellow banks and my landmark was a failure. It's not like in the states where they call out the street name or something. You just have to know. Now that was a fun challenge when it was dark, raining, the windows were fogged up, I was sitting in a row seat, I was sitting on the opposite side of when I initially went, and there were people standing in the aisle blocking my view to the other side. Thankfully, God was with me and I remembered the timing and enough people got off for me to see across the aisle to see the landmark my co-staff had suggested. I got a little wet and muddy due to getting off a little too early, but it could have been worse.

No comments: